As Midori & Friends continues to monitor the local, national, and worldwide incidence of the coronavirus and the illness it causes, COVID‐19, staff members, both full-time and part-time are asked to review the following workplace policies and guidance. It is likely this information will change as the situation evolves over the next academic year. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midori and Friends’ priorities in setting these workplace policies are to:
• Maintain a safe and healthy workplace, including minimizing the transmission of contagious disease.
• Sustain programs that are essential to our mission.
• Encourage an ethos of fairness, open communications and concern for the wellbeing of our staff, students, board of directors, artists, and donors.
Most Important Actions to Take Now:
1. Since the highly contagious delta variant is spreading quickly in NYC, starting August 17, all full-time staff, part-time staff, teaching and performing artists, and consultants will be required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
2. Full-time staff with pre-existing conditions must provide a negative covid test 24 hours prior to any in person events or meetings.
3. All staff are urged to take basic preventive measures to avoid exposure to or infection by the virus causing COVID‐19.
4. All staff (full-time and part-time) who will be in contact with students must wear masks at all times.
5. Use discretion when choosing to visit nursing homes, older donors’ homes, or anywhere there might be a high chance of interaction with seniors.
6. If you feel sick at all, stay at home and monitor your symptoms.